Restorative yoga is like a mini hibernation that leaves you feeling renewed and relaxed. Holding poses for a longer time while being supported by props allows the body to truly relax and, also supports the tone of the nervous system. It is especially beneficial for relaxation, sleep, joint health, and soft tissue health.Sign Me Up!
What is Restorative Yoga
Restorative yoga is a unique practice where you hold poses for a longer period of time, focus more on the breath and often use props to support yourself in poses (for optimal comfort and relaxation). The benefits of restorative yoga are well researched and documented. In addition, it is often used with people dealing with cancer, trauma, and grief to support overall wellbeing.
This 75-minute class will begin with a short warm-up for the joints and the spine and then transition into a restorative practice where we will hold poses for on average 3-5 minutes. The class will end with a guided relaxation and rest period.
The emphasis of the class is releasing held tension in the body and supporting the health of the brain and nervous system. All stretches will be gentle and supported with multiple options given so that the class is suitable for a range of ability levels.
Yoga props are very useful for this class, but it is possible to use household items like pillows, blankets, books, and footstools as alternatives to bolsters and blocks. You will just need quite a few!
Students have an option to participate in a live video-based class or to watch class recordings at a time that is convenient for them. Live classes use a Zoom platform.
- The live class time will be Wednesday from 9:00 to 10:15, running from December 1st until February 9th.
- All classes will be recorded and posted to the class portal.
- You can participate in live classes or watch recordings whenever is convenient for you.
- The price for the class is $155.00
- You can join the class after it has started. If you register late, you will have 12 weeks of access to the class recordings from the day that you sign up.